We all want a comfortable chair with a great style that does not cost us our health in the long run. Or fall apart after a few months. Companies have had people believe that you need to spend a crazy amount of money to get all that. But no one has 600 dollars lying around to spend on a chair.
How to get the best gaming chair under $100 because of your limited budget?
No problem! You can still have a well-designed chair with maximum comfort without having to pay too much.
Let’s get started!
How To Buy The Best Gaming Chair Under $100
When choosing a gaming chair, comfort is king. You do not want any muscle strain or aching joints when you sit in it for a long time.
These are the four most important features to look for when you buy a gaming chair.
Ergonomics is perhaps the most important thing to consider when buying a gaming chair. Ergonomic refers to the design of something to maximize efficiency and productivity for users.
A chair with excellent ergonomics design must have lumbar support for posture and high adjustability.
A lumbar support has to fit the natural curve of your spine. When you sit in the chair, it should help your ear, shoulders, and pelvis be aligned.
You should be able to easily adjust seat height, depth, armrest, and headrest. The goal is for your legs to be perpendicular to the floor, shoulders relax, and arms even with the desk height.
A gaming chair usually has more wear and tear because gamers sit at their chair longer. Good upholstery means a more durable and comfortable chair.
So what materials for an affordable gaming chair?
- PU leather is artificial leather. It is cheaper than real leather, easy to clean, but it is also not as durable. One big downside is PU leather does not do well in heat or with sweat. If you are in a hotter environment, it will be uncomfortable to sit on your chair for a long time.
- PVC leather is a good substitute for real leather. It is less expensive and quite durable. PVC leather does well in heat and with sweat, as it is water, fire, and stain-resistant.
- Fabric chairs are soft and durable. It is more breathable than real leather but is not water-resistant. For gamers who sweat a lot, it might not be the best option.
- Though hard to clean, a mesh is the most breathable material on this list. It is especially good for those who sweat more.
Frame and Base
The frame and base of your chair will determine how long it will last.
Steel is the best material for your chair frame. A steel frame will keep the chair’s shape and sturdiness. Avoid chairs with plastic frames, as it is not very durable and will not support your weight for a long time.
There are two things to consider when looking at the base: The number of legs and the material.
Most gaming chairs’ base is a 5-star leg, which is ideal for stability. Material wise, the base is often made out of these three substances:
- Plastic/Nylon base is cheap and lightweight. However, it is also fragile and not durable.
- Steel is a durable and robust metal. But it is heavy and can be a chore to move around.
- Aluminum base is even better. This material is strong, lightweight and has excellent finishing. Unfortunately, it is expensive to get a chair with an aluminum base.
When you are on a budget, you should avoid plastic and choose a steel base that does not break the bank and still offers quality support.
Recommended Weight and Height
It is essential to consider the chair’s weight and height recommendation to choose one that fits your physique.
The most common weight limit of gaming chairs is 300lbs to 450 lbs. This will accommodate the average-sized to more heavyweight adult. For people on the smaller side, look for chairs with a 250 lbs to 300 lbs limit.
When it comes to choosing the right chair for your height, consider the height of your lumbar support. The standard backrest is around 30 inches tall, which should fit if you have an average height.
To be safe, go for a chair with adjustable height. Having three to four inches of wiggle room can make a big difference.
5 Best Gaming Chairs Under $100
- OFM Essentials Collection Gaming Chair
- Flash Furniture Mid-Back Black Mesh Swivel
- Modern-Depo Gaming Chair
- IDS Online Video Gaming
- OGEFER PC Gaming Chair
It can take some time for you to buy the best gaming chair under $100. Now that you know what to look out for, no more confusion or worry about where to put your money.
You can go forth and enjoy all your time with your favorite game!