Clippers are clippers, right? So, you can shave your cat with your human clippers? This is a question that many are asking when they want to shave their cats. Do you really need to purchase another clipper if you already have a human one?
There are a couple of things that you need to consider before you can decide if you can use human clippers to shave your cat. And, you need to make sure that you are aware of all these things before you can just take your clipper and start shaving your frightened cat.
These are everything you need to know about shaving your cat, including if you can use human clippers.
Can You Shave a Cat With Human Clippers?
Your first reaction might be yes, you can shave your cat with human clippers. There isn’t really a difference between a human clipper and an animal hair clipper.
However, there is a huge difference and you can’t use human clippers for shaving your cat. Not if you care about your cat.
First of all, cat hair is different from human hair. So, shaving is different. Using a human clipper will be painful for the cat. And, the clipper will get warm. Burning the cat while you are shaving it.
So, no you should not use a human clipper for shaving your cat. Not ever. Purchase an animal shaver, or don’t shave the cat at all.
Benefits of Using the Right Animal Clipper
If you still wonder if it is worth spending the money on purchasing a high-quality animal clipper for shaving their hair, these benefits will for sure change your mind.
These are the top benefits of why an animal clipper is worth purchasing.
- The animal clipper isn’t as noisy as with the human clippers. Meaning that the animal will not be as afraid of the clipper as when you would use a human clipper.
- These clippers are designed not to vibrate as much. Keeping the cat at ease while you are shaving it. The vibrations can bother and scare any animal.
- It is designed especially for animal hair. It won’t get hot when you are shaving the animal, no matter how thick their coats might be. These clippers can handle this type of hair.
- You can groom your pet at home. This will let you save money at the end of the day.
How to Shave a Cat Safely?
In general, cats don’t like to be groomed. And, this includes being shaved. Your cat really needs to trust you in order to be bathed and shaved, using a clipper.
You need to make sure that your cat is healthy, happy and comfortable before you start shaving. Giving it treats in between the shavings. You should not rush the process and for sure not scold the cat when it doesn’t like the clipper. It will just make things worse.
Remember that it isn’t really necessary to shave a cat, because they are grooming themselves, so if the cat doesn’t like it, don’t force it. You will be the one worse off.
Things to Consider When Purchasing an Animal Clipper for Cats
When you are purchasing an animal clipper for cats, for the first time there are a couple of things you should consider. If you are purchasing the right type of clipper, the process won’t be as difficult.
It is recommended that you should take your time and make sure that you are going to purchase a high-quality clipper that will be worth the money spend.
These are some of the things that you need to consider when you are purchasing a clipper for animals.
- Cordless is going to make the process of shaving the cat easier. You don’t need to struggle with the cord that might scare the cat.
- The price of the clipper. You should make sure that the clipper is a high-quality clipper. Even, if this means that you are going to pay more for the clipper than what you hoped to pay.
- Low noise and low vibrations are key. These are the two things that are scaring animals the most when they are getting shaved.
- Make sure that the clipper is designed for dogs and cats. Sometimes the clippers aren’t designed for cats, and this can hurt their coats if you are using something that isn’t designed for them.
Can you use a human clipper to shave cats or even dogs? The answer is actually a simple no. No, you can’t and there are many reasons why. The clipper is going to get warm, burning them.
And, human clippers are designed for human hair, not for an animal coat. This is why you should rather invest in purchasing a high-quality clipper that will be best for your cat; an animal hair clipper.